- WHEN: Sunday, Dec. 29, 1:25 p.m. PST.
- WHERE: O.co Coliseum; Oakland.
- TV: CBS.
- SERIES RECORD: Raiders lead, 59-44-2 (Tied 1-1 in the postseason).
- JOHN FOX'S RECORD: 4-2.
- PEYTON MANNING'S RECORD: 5-2.
- SERIES STREAK: Denver has won two straight, four of the last five and eight of the last 10 in Oakland.
- LAST TIME: Broncos 26, Raiders 13; Dec. 6, 2012. The Broncos drove 68 yards to a
Peyton Manning-to- Joel Dreessentouchdown pass on their first possession and never trailed after that, cruising to their eighth consecutive win. The Broncos piled up massive advantages in first downs (30-14) and time of possession (37:19 to 22:41), but a potential blowout was scuttled by drives that bogged down near the end zone. The Broncos settled for field goals on four of six possessions that crossed the Oakland 25-yard-line, and one of the two touchdowns they mustered came after being set up at the Oakland 2-yard-line via a strip-sack-fumble by linebacker Von Miller. With a comfortable lead through much of the game, Denver opted for a balanced attack; the Broncos called as many runs as pass plays: 39 apiece.
NOTING THE GAME:
- The Broncos have played a division rival to close every regular season since 2008. But this is the first time since a 52-21 loss at San Diego in 2008 that they will finish the year on the road. The Broncos are 1-5 since 1996 when playing its Week 17 game away from Denver, but won the last time they closed the regular season at Oakland, defeating the Raiders 31-28 on Dec. 24, 1995 to conclude an 8-8 season.
- Denver had lost four consecutive regular-season finales from 2008-11 before last year's 38-3 evisceration of Kansas City. The Broncos are 1-4 in their last five regular-season-concluding games, 4-6 in their last 10, 7-8 in their last 15 and 9-11 in their last 20.
- Decisive margins are typical of this series in Oakland in recent years; just one game played there between the Broncos and Raiders since 2000 (2006, a 17-13 Broncos win) has been decided by less than two scores. The average margin between the two clubs in games at Oakland since 2000 is 15.0 points.
- The Broncos are 13-5 in Oakland since the Raiders moved back to the Bay Area from Los Angeles 18 years ago.
- John Fox has never lost at Oakland as a head coach; he's 3-0 thanks to wins in 2008 (with Carolina), 2011 and 2012.
- Since Rich Gannon started nine consecutive games for Oakland against the Broncos, no Oakland quarterback has started more than four consecutive games in the series -- and that came eight years ago, when Kerry Collins started the four games in 2004-05. Since 2006, six different quarterbacks have started for Oakland against Denver. Of course, in that same span, the Broncos have started five quarterbacks against the Raiders: Jake Plummer, Jay Cutler, Kyle Orton, Tim Tebow and Manning.
- Denver has averaged 30.2 points in its last five trips to Oakland.