- WHEN: Sunday, Dec. 1, 12 noon CST.
- WHERE: Arrowhead Stadium; Kansas City, Mo.
- TV: CBS
- SERIES RECORD: Chiefs lead, 56-49 (Broncos lead 1-0 in the postseason).
- JOHN FOX'S RECORD: 5-1.
- PEYTON MANNING'S RECORD: 7-1 (2-0 in the postseason).
- SERIES STREAK: The Broncos have won two straight and three of the last four at Arrowhead Stadium.
- LAST TIME IN KANSAS CITY: Broncos 17, Chiefs 9; Nov. 25, 2012. The Chiefs were the worst team the Broncos faced during their 10-game winning streak, en route to a 2-14 finish. But Kansas City was able to control the tempo early, running on eight of their first 10 plays in driving to a field goal. The Chiefs averaged 4.8 yards per carry and with the aid of a few dropped passes by Broncos receivers, kept the game close. But a 30-yard
Peyton Manning-to- Demaryius Thomastouchdown pass in the third quarter put the Broncos up for good.
NOTING THE GAME:
- Manning is 4-1 at Arrowhead Stadium, which includes the Colts' 38-31 divisional-playoff win in January 2004. Fox is even better; his teams are 3-0 there, winning in 2004, 2011 and 2012.
- Last year's triumph gave the Broncos consecutive wins at Arrowhead Stadium for the first time since 1976-79.
- The 44-13 win on Dec. 6, 2009 was the Broncos' first in a December game at Arrowhead Stadium since Dec. 4, 1994. The Broncos are 2-13 there all-time in December, compared with 1-5 in September, 6-4 in October and 7-2 in November.
- Chiefs running back Jamaal Charles has averaged 115.2 yards per game and 5.9 yards per carry in his last five games against the Broncos.
- The losing team in this series has been held to 10 or fewer points in five consecutive games dating back to Dec. 5, 2010.
- New Chiefs head coach Andy Reid hopes to snap a two-game losing streak for Kansas City head coaches in their first home game against Denver. Herman Edwards (2006) was the last Chiefs coach to win his first time hosting the Broncos.